ALNO Kitchens: Quality made for you
A brand that provides orientation
Whatever you are planning for your home, one decision is clear from the start. With an ALNO kitchen, you are giving yourself the safe feeling of knowing you have made the right choice – an ALNO kitchen ends the search for the desired quality
We have had a passion for building fantastic kitchens for over 85 years, so we know what is important – high-quality materials, skilled craftsmen and technical precision.
We carefully check every stage in the creation of each ALNO kitchen, from receiving of goods to the final assembly.
- All materials are tested for wear resistance and durability.
- Hinges and internal fittings are tested for long-term durability.
- Surfaces have to pass the abrasion test and prove their resistance to chemicals.
Our quality management system, which has been perfected over the years, ensures a high level of production with some pieces of furniture finished off by us by hand.
ALNO kitchens stand up to daily use – regardless of how much strain you put on them.
Good for the environment. Good for everyone.
ALNO suppliers have to certify that their materials and products do not present any health dangers and adhere to the German and international quality standards concerning healthy living.
These standards guarantee that ALNO kitchens and their components do not generate any harmful emissions. Coating, lacquering and galvanizing processes only use non-toxic substances without compromising on quality standards particularly in respect of non-fading and scratch/wear resistant finishes. The GS safety label confirms the reliability and longevity of the functional and mobile parts. All materials undergo extensive tests in our own laboratories and are continuously monitored under the DIN ISO 9001 quality management system.
In addition to this, ALNO‘s environmental management system ensures that only environmentally conscious processes are used within the factory. The aim of this system is to achieve a resource-friendly production by identifying and implementing energy saving opportunities, such as encouraging a reduction in water consumption, as well as reducing the waste to an absolute minimum. Continuous training is given to all production employees to ensure responsible use of energy and other resources and in order to protect them from harmful conditions (e.g. how to reduce noise levels). A strict recycling policy is in operation at our production facilities and offices.
The majority of wood used by the company is sourced from managed forests. Furthermore, the company’s direct supply chain management operates in strict adherence of this policy. Wood waste, created during production, is used as fuel to heat the main factory. This reduces the waste dramatically and timber resources are used to maximum capacity.
In packaging, polystyrene is avoided as much as possible and cardboard is used instead which is easily disposable and has a neutral ecological effect as it is recyclable. Environmental measures are also applied in logistics: Comprehensive tour and load planning ensures that the shortest possible route is chosen and journeys with empty lorries are avoided.
Environmental consciousness at ALNO runs from the initial idea through to completion of the finished product.
Since 1927, ALNO kitchens have represented the highest quality, sensible innovations and award-winning design made in Germany. We carefully check every stage in the creation of each ALNO kitchen, from receiving of goods to the final assembly. Thanks to our long tradition and the expertise acquired over 85 years, we have become one of the world’s leading kitchen manufacturers, and know well how to combine the latest technologies and contemporary trends in unique ways. ALNO represents the highest quality standards that serve as signposts to consumers and dealers in the complex kitchen market.
ALNO Product Guarantee
ALNO extends a guarantee over and above any legal minimum period on all furniture parts on the following conditions:
1. The guarantee lasts for 5 years, commencing on the date of delivery.
2. The guarantee covers faults which appear during the guarantee period and it is proved that, despite proper usage and following the ALNO Guide to care for the kitchen, they are a result of defective material or manufacture.
3. ALNO chooses whether to alleviate the fault by replacement or repair of the faulty part. There is no guarantee for discontinued programmes.
4. The following are excluded from the guarantee:
All products supplied by others, including e.g. electrical appliances, lights, bread slicers, mixer taps, inset sinks, etc. The individual supplier’s guarantee applies to these products.
Normal wear and tear resulting from use for the purpose intended, through dampness, strong heating and movement.
Variations in the colour or structure of the wood and changes in the wood which normally occur over a period of time.
Damage caused to furniture by incorrect fitting, care or use, in particular excessive water/damp.
5. Delivery of replacement parts or repair does not extend the original guarantee period, nor result in a new guarantee and in particular not for replacement parts.
6. Cost for freight, packing, removing and refitting are at the expense of the person placing the order.
7. This exemption from liability shall not apply if the cause of loss is due to intent or gross negligence or in the case of liability for injury to life, limb or health. Exemption from liability shall furthermore not apply in the case of compulsory liability due to concealment with intent to deceive of a defect or a warranty concerning the quality of the thing.
8. The above limitation of liability does not apply to compulsory liability in the case of injury to life, limb or health, in accordance with the provisions of the Product Liability Act or to warranties given with the aim of protecting the customer from precisely the loss that has occurred.
9. The terms and conditions of ALNO AG’s terms of sale and delivery in the current version shall apply.